Nutrition is something on everyone’s mind. Homeland’s nutritional informational materials and programs are designed by a registered dietitian—Oklahoma state certified. Weight loss advice & diet advice can be found throughout Homeland. For recipes, tips, and more be sure to check out our nutrition section in Thrive Magazine.
Alyson Fendrick received a Bachelor of Science degree from Iowa State University in dietetics and completed the Iowa State University Dietetic Internship at Great River Medical Center in Burlington, Iowa. She is a member of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics (formerly the American Dietetic Association) and Oklahoma Dietetic Association. Alyson worked at Norman Region Healthy Systems as Supervisor of Food Production and Clinical Dietitian before joining Homeland.
Alyson’s goal is to help Homeland customers, community members and employees develop and/or maintain healthy lifestyles. Her special interests include weight management, nutrition counseling, and Guiding Stars education. Alyson is passionate about helping people learn more about nutrition and overall wellness and is happy to help you with various nutrition needs.
Alyson Approved Archive
Looking for the heath tips and Alyson Approved recipes from the Homeland Savings Flyer? Look no further. Click on the links below to view a copy of Alyson’s articles.
- April 2014 – Women’s Health, Recipes for Mom
- May 2014 – Why Dairy Makes $ense
- June 2014 – The Power of Protein
- July 2014 – Beat the Heat with Hydration
- August 2014 – The Dirt on Sodium
- September 2014 – Fuel Up with Fruit
- Oct/Nov 2014 – Apple Season
- Nov/Dec 2014 – Healthy Holidays
- Dec/Jan 2015 – New Year, New Lifestyle
- Jan/Feb 2015 – Flavor Forecast for 2015
- Feb/March 2015 – Potatoes: Uncovering the Truth
- March/April 2015 – Alyson Approved Protein
- April/May 2015 – Clearing Up Confusion About Soy
- May/June 2015 – Mediterranean Diet
Address: PO Box 25008 390 NE 36th St. Oklahoma City, OK 73105
Homeland Dietitian Alyson Fendrick has been awarded Supermarket Dietitan of the Year by Produce for Better Health for her efforts to keep the Homeland family and Oklahoma community healthy!
The Produce for Better Health Foundation has also named Homeland as a 2013 Role Model award recipient, the highest level of recognition, for Homeland’s support of the Fruits & Veggies More Matters national health campaign!
Homeland has partnered with Fruits and Veggies-More Matters to better educate our customers on nutrition and increase fruit & vegetable consumption for better health. Click on the link to the left for great health resources from More Matters including meal planning, kid’s health, recipes and more!